Sunday, November 1, 2009

October was a fun month. My parents came into town to visit and we got to go to ther Children's Museum and the Phoenix Zoo with them and play, play, play. We also were lucky enough to join my sister and her family in San Clemente for a week to enjoy the beach and sun at their time share. Unfortunately, I still don't have the pictures from that trip since I forgot my camera, but hopefully I will get them sometime. We had such a good time though and the boys were so great in the car. They slept a lot which was very impotant with Chase since he hates his car seat.

We were also adventurous enough to get into the water even though it was October and it was still very do-able. Tyler was much more beach-friendly this trip than our last. He used to hate the sand and was scared of the water, but this time it certainly was not love-at-first-site, but he warmed up to it very nicely. Chase just hung out in the tent mostly, and did not like having his toes dipped in the ocean...go figure! We also went to the San Diego zoo which was awesome. We loved seeing all of the cool animals and were able to sit in the front row at the seal show where my little neice was chosen to come up and be one of the helpers. It made it even more fun to have someone up there that we knew.

This year for Halloween Tyler dressed up as a dog which actually looks like a cow, but he pulled it off no matter how you saw it. Chase was dressed up a Tigger for our trunk-or-treat party, but was very upset for a long time until I realized the reason he was screaming bloody murder was mostly because the 12-month-old costume was too small for his fat little thighs and was sqeezing them to death. You might wonder why I didn't think of this earlier since I did put on the constume and I did zip it up with some difficulty...the things we do to our children in the name of being cute! Oops. Really though, a 4-month-old too big for size 12 months?

Anyway, we had a really good time other than that at the party and then went trick-or-treating the next night on Halloween. It was so fun to see Tyler get so excited and pick up the idea of what is going on and then really go for it with the candy! He had a lot of fun as you can see. Dan is more of a spoiler than I am so Tyler was able to eat a lot of crap for the next few days...Dan thinks it is to get it out of his system, but I don't think that 'trick' really worked.

The Children's Museum






I love this picture...he is so funny.






I wish I had that much fun while shopping!



Phoenix Zoo





Trunk-or-Treat



Started out the night look pretty happy and really cute.


Ended the night with his thighs hanging out and screaming his head off!


Trick-or-Treating


Tyler and his friend Aspyn who was a little puppy princess!




Most of that was eaten by me :(


Sportin' their skeletor glow in the dark jammies.

Happy Halloween!