So, at the end of the month, we all flew out to Boston and stayed with my sister and her family (in their tiny apt.) so Dan could interview. Interestingly enough, I had gotten sick the week before we were to go and the boys also got the bug or flu or whatever it was, just not as bad as it hit me. It was only a 24 hour thing, but it knocked you down hard...it was awful. So we got ready to leave Wednesday night so that we can fly all Tursday and Dan can interview on Friday afternoon at 2:00 and I was so happy that I was feeling better. However, Thursday morning dawns, and Dan is floored with this flu! The poor guy had to be on airplanes and airports all day, have 2 layovers, no where to lay down, throwing up etc., and not able to prepare for his interview all the while his 2 kids going crazy. Dan says that is arguably the worst day of his life! It was so sad. By the time we got to Boston we were all so worn out and defeated that when we pulled out our stroller from gate check and noticed it was missing a wheel, we couldn't do anything bu laugh. so I pushed 25 lb Chase around in a 3-wheeled stroller with a dying husband and stir crazy 2-year-old. It was one of those days!
Anyway, the interview went well enough Dan says. He couldn't really get a read on the lady that talked with him, but I am sure he did fine. I am totally torn at this point about going to Boston. I know it would be an incredible opportunity, but not only is it so far away and expensive, but we have a house that we are underwater with, 2 kids to support, and it is an intense program. Only time will tell.
As for the kiddos, Chase got his first tooth (on the bottom) early this month and then the one next to it popped through by the end of the month! Great job Chasers. Unfortunately we ALL feel his pain. My kids are not easy teethers. Tyler is ever impressive as he has mastered all of the sounds to the letters in the alphabet. He also loves to learn all the words to songs and needs to know their names and who sings them if it is on the radio. He loves primary songs the best I think and is totally into the Book of Mormon right now. His favorite story is about Abinidi and King Noah. We talk about them all the time.




These pics are ones my friend took on a mini photo shoot for V-Day cards and stuff. I think they turned out fantastic! I just love my boys.

I think this is my favorite picture I have ever taken. This is when Chasers was just learning to sit up on his own in early Jan. He was using the little toy for balance and I wanted to get some shots of him sitting up and he just had the cutest expression when I snapped the picture!
.jpg)
Chasers rolling all over the place. His only mode of transportation at this point since he hardly gets carried around since he is WAY too heavy!
.jpg)
I just thought this was a sweet picture with the little smile behind the binki and his eyes closed.
.jpg)
What a silly boy.