Friday, August 14, 2009

June 2009

Dan's boss thought it would be cool if Dan were to go to China for 2 weeks right before I was due with my second baby. I guess it could have been worse and have been closer to the due date or even over Christmas last year, which was a possibility. Nevertheless, Dan was to leave me at 34 weeks along and so I decided to go to Colorado to visit my family and get some help with Tyler. Being the really great kid that he is, I haven't been prepared for the attitude and difiance that kids can sometimes get when faced with life changing situations, like having a new baby brother. It was hard sometimes to have to tell him that I can't do things because I have a baby inside and I think he resented it a bit. I know it is normal, but when you go through it yourself with your first little buddy, it is really sad.

Anyway, it was awesome to be able to get out of the AZ heat and spend some quality time with my older sisters, their kiddos, and my parents. We had a lot of fun and the 2 weeks just flew by. That was also a bonus as time moves at a snails pace when you are that far along.

We were supposed to go on a road trip to Utah in the middle of my stay to make it to a cousins wedding there. I was really nervous with being in the car that long and with a bunch of kids making the trip even longer. Luckily, we saw the craziness in this plan and bagged it. Sorry Carley, but I don't think she would have even noticed that we were there!

At one point in my trip, Danielle and I were at TJ Maxx getting some towels to make hoddie swimming towels for the kids and this lady came up to me to ask how far along I was. She felt really silly, but I assured her that it happens all the time. People are just interested in you when you are pregnant I guess. Anyway, I told her and she wanted to know if I would be a preggo model for her for Henna tatoos. Since we were in line and the next to be checked out and we had 4 kids with us asking every 2 seconds if they could have this or that and a bunch of other people in line after us, I was just like, ummm, I don't know, so she gave me a card and told me to call her.

I did the next day and told her that I would like to do it. I thought it would be fun, so she came over and did a Henna baby blessing tatoo on my big ol' belly. It was a cool experience and fun for my sister's little girls since they got little tatoos as well.

Dan was kind of like 'whatever crazy pregnant girl' but I liked it! It lasted for a couple of weeks and was there after I got home and went in for my appointment at 36 weeks. My OB thought it was awesome! We did our little check up and I asked her if I could see the little babe on the ultrasound, so we went in and started peeking at him. She noticed that there was a lot of amniotic fluid in there which is indicitive of a large baby, so she started doing some measurements. Turns out that his body was measuring about 39 weeks along and his belly was as big as 42 weeks along. That freaked me out a little bit!

She suggested that we get this baby out as soon as it is safe, so 38 weeks was the mark. So we scheduled the induction for the 2nd of July. It was great timing since my parents could come and help and have some time off of work for summer break and a most of Dan's family were going to be in town for the 4th and a nephews baby blessing...might as well make it a two-fer!
I was a little shocked at first, but grew to really embrace the idea of not being pregnant for an extra 2 weeks or so.



My big Henna Belly!



Ty with his silk dragon jammies and pandy the panda from China.





Dan in Shanghai doing a little site seeing.