Friday, August 14, 2009

April 2009

Since this post is back dated, I don't remember a whole lot of specifics from April. I do remember that it was getting hot...as you can see Tyler playing in the water at the splash parks in our community. It was also Ty's birthday on the 15th and he turned the ripe old age of 2! We tried to teach him to say that he was two and put up his bunny ears, but he would get too shy around anyone but his parents to say it. I can say though, that he is the smartest 2-yea-old I have ever seen. At this point, he was already saying his ABC's and could count with a little help to 30...which just so happened to be his time-out punishment. Learning with dicipline!

He had been in his own 'big' bed for a few months at this point as well. It really was a big bed, being a queen, but that was good for him since he was an active sleeper. We would always come up before we went to bed and turn him around and put him back on the pillows instead of at the foot of the bed and such. He only fell out twice, which is good since it is kind of a rude awakening.

We actually did have a little birthday party for him at the PV house with the family even though I don't have pictures to prove it. I forgot my camera, but I know Grandma Ali has some. I will have to see if I can get her to send me some. It was a fun day with swimming and ice cream sundaes on conference weekend. We just packed in a lot of things at once.

We also took a fun trip to the Zoo with friends. We had a great time even though it was already getting a little warm.



Tyler 'the man' with his friend Aspyn

We loved the little monkey's cage that we actually got to go inside of and get really close to them.


Beautiful giraffes.
I thought this picture was hilarious. These are the frames of my friend Jessica's glasses that Ty found in her car on the way to the Zoo. He wouldn't take them off for a lot of the day since they were so cool!
End of the day...pink cheeks, hungry, and spent. It was a good day!

Lookin' cool in momma's shades...


I had to capture the moment of daddy and son sharing a story before bed time. Dan is the best daddy that I have ever seen and is such an example of 100% love and devotion to his family. I love that he takes so much time and effort to read to, play with, and especially teach his son. You are awesome Dan!

I just thought he looked cute in his baggy jeans and flip-flops. Don't mind the frustrated attitude on display.