Saturday, January 17, 2009

Disneyland Dream

We had an amazing vacation over the holidays this year. Tyler, Dan, and I met up with most of Dan's family in Palm Springs to celebrate Christmas and the many birthdays that we have around that time. We were able to go to Disneyland on Christmas Eve (a Christensen family tradition) and had an awesome time. In fact, within a half hour of being there, I was in the right rocket at the right time and won a prize from the Year of a Million Dreams. I was kind of weirded out by these people who were taking pictures of me and staring while I was riding the ride, but I was more concerned about Ty and how he was doing on his first big ride. So I was kind of suprised when these people stopped me outside the gate and started asking me questions.

We soon found out that I had won a prize of about $350 worth of toys from Disney that would later be shipped to our house...just in time for Tyler's 2nd birthday! It was a good birthday present for me too! The rest of the day was so much fun too. It was a little chilly and threatened rain most of the day, but stayed dry, but this kept a lot of people away, so the park was basically empty. It was awesome. We walked on to most of the rides and the one with the longest line, we were personally escorted onto by our prize people in front of everone else! It was fantastic!




You'll notice I cropped Dan out of this picture, but it was because it wasn't super flattering and he would have gotten mad at me for posting it. Hey, we all have 'those' pictures. Anyway, I wanted to show Tyler's button. When we won our prize, they even gave us all buttons since it was Tyler's first visit, and they gave me one for my birthday, and they gave Dan a 'citizen of Disneyland' button so he wouldn't feel left out. Very thoughtful of them!

It really was one of the happiest birthday's I have ever had.



Only halfway through the day and he is all tuckered out snuggling with Cinderella!
















Yup, I made it through the teacups without barfing...didn't even feel too dizzy. Okay maybe a little.







This is Tyler posing with 'Mick-ous,' his little pet name for Mickey.