Friday, July 11, 2008

God Bless America

We had an awesome 4th of July this year! Dan, Tyler, and I went up to a cabin in Pine, AZ (about 2 hours away from our house in the mountains.) We were invited up by some friends of ours in the ward who also had 3 other families come up with us. On our way up the mountian, I started seeing all of this white stuff on the ground. I told Dan that it looked like snow, but that couldn't be since we just left the 115 degree HEAT in Phoenix just an hour and a half before. Turns out that it was a ton of hail left over from a giant storm that we just missed. That meant though, that the air was nice a cool, so it was wonderful! So it wasn't snow, but it sure looked like it and I was thankful for even that.

Over the weekend we played a ton of 4-square (yes, all of us adults) and it was so much fun. We played with our kids during the day and stayed up all sorts of crazy hours at night playing games with the adults. Add in a bunch of impromptu dance parties, and that was our weekend. Oh yeah, plus a lot of really good food and some fireworks too! Needless to say, I hurt when we got home.

Tyler slept all the way through the 4th festivities, but that meant that Dan and I got to enjoy them even more!!!



Ty Ty learning a little wiffle (sp?) ball technique from dear ol' dad



Wishing I was a little more photogenic



Thanks to Nanette and Mike for being AWESOME hosts and having us all up. Can't wait to do it again!