Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Haze of July

First of all, it is HOT here in July. Luckily toward the end there, it began to rain and hasn't stopped much. That is a great thing since we don't get much of it through the year. So I know that I didn't do a single post in July and I regret to say, I didn't take many pictures either. I know, it is awful, especially because Tyler has grown and changed so much this past month. It certainly has kept us busy...here is the run down...

We drove up to Sedona to Dan's parents new place to spend the 4th with some of the Fam. That was fun, but no fireworks this year...too dry. That is okay cause I don't know that Ty would have done well with the loud booming anyway.

Then the next week my good friend here in AZ had her little baby. Ethan Craig, and he is such a sweetie. I am glad that Ty will have good friends here too.

Tyler and I then flew out by ourselves to Colorado Springs for my little sisters wedding. I think when I sat down in the plane everyone around me was like..."great, a crying baby the whole flight," but he was a perfect angel. He stayed awake most of the time because it was all so interesting, but was happy and very flirtatious. When we were getting off, lots of people around me commented on how good he was...as if they were suprised!

In CO I finally was able to meet my little nephew that was born in Boston just 9 days before Ty. What a sweetheart. He looks like a Cowser, whereas mine is all Christensen. But they were instant buds. Of course there were pictures taken, just not from my camera, so I don't have any...yet. It was also so good to see my sisters and eventually the brothers-in-law. All of our husbands came in the day before the wedding because of work, so it was just the girls and the kids for a couple of days. It was fun. We threw Chloe a bridal shower, went shopping, watched Jane Eyre (great movie by the way, almost as good as the book!), had pedicures, and I am sad to say, I chopped my hair off. I really wish I didn't go so short, I know it will grow back...but very very slowly. Aaaargh.

Anyway, we got home and had a busy week after that, I don't even know what we did, but it was busy. Then on the weekend we drove out to the desert in Cali. to hang out with Dan's sister and kids who live in Texas, so we don't see them much. It was really great to play with them and have a relaxing weekend. Dan and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary while there by going out and watching the Harry Potter movie. I still don't think they did the books justice at all.

Meanwhile, Tyler gained like 10 pounds (not really) and I lost 10 pounds (really really!) and he started to giggle and play with stuff. He is still not interested in rolling over, but we practice sometimes anyway.

All in all, life is wonderful and we are so happy. It was good to reflect on the past two years as our anniversary came around and recognize all of the wonderful blessings that we have been given. There has been so much in our lives in only two years, it is amazing that we are still keeping up with it all. We graduated from school, Dan got a job, we moved to AZ, we got pregnant, bought a house, moved in (what a chore), had a baby (the best blessing by far), and thinking about it, all of those things were only in the last year. I guess our first was a little more relaxed.

Giggle Monster

















I took all of these last night. He has really gotten so big in the last month.



Tyler with two of Sheri's girls in California this past weekend...he really was happy, don't be fooled!



Dan and Tyler after the photo drama





These both were taken at the end of June. Just trying to play catch up with the pics that I actually do have. Enjoy!