So, just a quick update, Tyler has had an explosion of learning in the last few weeks. It has been incredible to see. He can now say 'daddy' 'mamma' 'baby' 'more' and the latest addition as of today is 'car.' He can also do the signs for more, na-night, milk, wave hello and goodbye, and he has started clapping all the time. I have been trying to get him to clap since he was three months...finally! He also is getting in 2 more teeth currently. That will make six. 4 on top and 2 on the bottom. His top teeth still look like little chicklets stuck in his gums though. It makes for a pretty cute smile!
I am so excited for the next phases in his life. We are working on walking, but he is a little bit hesitant. He does navigate very well and very quickly around the furniture and pushes around our kitchen chairs and his high chair everywhere though. He is also an avid explorer. He gets into as much as he can and makes the biggest mess he can so mommy will clean it all up just to start over again. It is fun to watch him play. He whispers to himslef a lot when he does. It is so cute. He also can motor around his cars and trains and likes to actually drive them around. Just the other day I saw him do something new. He was pretending to eat food off of my leg. It was so funny cause I was watching him do this and then Dan says "what is he eating" and I said that I think he is pretending. We watched him a little more and sure enough, he was pretending. It was so cool!
We are trying to take him out in the pool as much as we can right now. It will be better when it gets warmer (or should I say really really hot.) Right now the water is a bit cold still. He loves to play and splash around and has even started to blow bubbles with his face in the water. I am so proud of him!
Tyler and I are going out to Boston in a couple of weeks to support my amazing sister who is running in the Boston marathon (she IS crazy.) I am really nervous abuot the flight out there and back by ourselves, but Tyler has been such an angel since he got over being sick, that I am hopeful it will all turn out well.
After that I am hopeful to go out to Colorado Springs for a visit to my other amazing sister who will hopefully have had a healthy, if very tiny, baby girl. Danielle has been in the hospital for the last 7 weeks and counting on EXTREME bed rest for this little baby. What an incredible sacrifice. Dan and I both agreed last night that I would have made it maybe a day and a half with a smile on my face and then it would be all over for me...well done Danni! I know it has been so hard. Thank you for your sacrifice. I can't wait to meet my new little niece!
This summer is also jam packed with fun trips and activities with Dan's two brothers coming home from missions, family reunion on my side in California, a trip to Utah (hopefully) to visit my best friend Michelle who will have had her second baby by then, and girls camp with the young women in my ward.
I have such a full and wonderful life that I am so thankful for. I never thought I deserved to be this blessed, but whether I deserve it or not, I am so grateful for it all. I love my little family so much, and can't wait to expand it (I am NOT announcing anything) and I am so thankful for my wonderful sisters and their husbands and children who bring so much happiness and variety into our family. I am so grateful to be a part of another family who are all so special and dear to me as well.
...anyway, I don't know what came over me...my heart is just a little full right now! Well, here are a few pictures to enjoy!
We went to a spring training game a few weeks ago and it got really HOT. We had to strip Tyler down and pour water all over him just to keep him semi-comfi. We went with Dan's parents, Jim and Lorelle and their kids. It was a blast. Thanks Lorelle!




These are some pictures taken while Tyler was sick. Isn't he still as cute as ever!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)