Monday, January 7, 2008

Highlights From 2007

I think 2007 was one of the most exciting and productive years of my life. It all started in January when Dan and I puchased our first home. That was a lot of work and hassel, but of course it was all worth it. After moving in we set to work getting the place the way we wanted it, which also involved hundreds of hours on the phone, lots of complaining from a pregnant woman, and tons of back breaking labor (not the baby labor just yet though.) We put in a pool and landscaping, painted the house, decorated with as much stuff as we have, hung fans, put together BBQ's and patio furniture...etc. Needless to say, I was on a mission to get all of these things done before the baby came in April. I think that is called the nesting instinct, and I also think it was driving Dan crazy. He had to keep telling me that it would be okay if we took our time...I wasn't having it!

Then on that wonderful day smack dab in the middle of April (the 15th of course), Tyler Daniel was born into our family as a perfect and healthy little boy. The first thing I said after he was born though, was "Dan, he looks like an alien..." so it only got better from there. As you can see for yourself, he is just about the cutest kid on earth.

A couple months later, my little sister, Chloe, got married in Colorado, so we went out there for the event and had a great time with family. Shortly thereafter, Dan, Tyler, and I took our first real adventure out into the wild for a Christensen family reunion to Yosemite. It really was wild, since on the first night, I was pretty sure that Tyler was going to get eaten by the bears hanging outside our window with only a screen to protect us. After learning that that was semi normal, I was able to relax the rest of the trip, even if Tyler couldn't. 3 month old babies in the heat and outdoors don't mix very well in my book. It took us a couple days to get home and a drive from #$%*, then a few weeks to recover and all in all it was a wonderful trip!

We were fortunate enough to spend all of the holidays with lots of family, great food, and had lots of fun. Thanks to those who put so much work and effort into making all of that possible.

In the mean time, Tyler has grown so quickly and so big. He now has 4 teeth, two on the top and two on the bottom. He is army crawling everywhere, and getting into everything. He is a very curious and adventureous little boy and wants to be part of the action no matter what it is. He is sweet and fun, but he gets so mad if you eat in front of him and don't share. He is pulling himself up on everything he can get his hands on...and loves to play under our coffee table with his toys like it is a fort. I will need to get some footage of that, so you can see for yourself, it is pretty funny. He has brought so much joy into our home and we are so blessed to have him forever!

Dan and I have settled into our ward nicely and have made some great friends. There are so many wonderful families here that are in our exact position in life, that it has been so fun to get to know them and spend time with them. Dan has been teaching in the Primary for the past while and I was just recently called as the 2nd counselor in the Young Womens program. I am so happy to be working with the young women now. It has really helped me get more focused in the gospel and I needed that.

Dan is doing awesome at his job at Honeywell. Everyone loves him there and he is such an exceptionally hard worker. Luckily for me he is also good at balancing work and family, so we get to see him as much as possible! I am enjoying my job as a homemaker and mom. We are very very blessed and have had such a wonderful year.

I hope everyone who actually reads this (I don't know if I would have to be honest) has had a wonderful holiday season and is happy as well. Cheers to 2008!

Here a a few of the highlights of our Christmas. There are only a few because I only took a few pictures. One of my goals for 2008...take more pictures, and learn how to take better pictures.










As you can see Tyler scored big with the toys from Grandma and Grandpa. Thanks guys!