Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A Good Night

Last night Tyler slept for a straight 6 hours! Yipee! I was a little worried at first because he didn't want to go to bed last night at all since he pretty much slept all day, but luckily he conked out and slept really well, which means I slept really well!

Monday night he started getting a lot of goopy stuff in his eye which we later learned was from a clogged eye duct. I have to massage his duct now every couple of hours for a minute and he does not like that at all. I hope it clears up soon so I don't have to keep bothering him with wiping it out and massaging his eye. Other than that, he is doing great. He is alert and learning whenever he is awake. We read him his first book last night and he seemed to enjoy it very much. His dad likes to play airplane with him and I am not sure he enjoys that fully yet, but I know Dan does!

In other good news, Dan took a week off of work after Tyler was born and was not excited to get back the next monday, but when he did, it was a good day because his boss told him he was promoted from Engineer I to an Engineer II! With that also comes a raise...yipee, just in time for the addition to our family! I am so proud of Dan, he works so hard and is so dedicated. He is the only one out of all of the people who were hired at the same time to get promoted and it usually takes 2 years, where for him 10 months was all he needed! Congrats sweetie!

Here are a few pics we took recently of our little guy. He is so cute!





We had a BBQ at the ball fields where Sammy plays baseball twice a week with Jim and Lorelle and fam. They take such good care of us!





Here are some pictures of our home for all those who haven't been here. We really love it here, the setting is beautiful and our home is so nice.





...and of course the pool is a very nice addition for the AZ heat...we are getting into triple digits this week! It has been such a nice spring here so far with beautiful weather and nice temps, which is unusual.



Here are a few of Tyler's room. I need to decorate still, but everything in time.